Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kulgan t1_jaem6er wrote

I don't know who you should report this to, but please report it somewhere. Maybe seeclickfix? I feel like I've seen this exact situation at this intersection before.

imaluckyduckie t1_jaenovt wrote

Yes. Submit this picture also. The city will forward to NJ Transit, who controls the intersection signals.

A_Downboat_Is_A_Sub t1_jaeh67x wrote

• Green: "Go.... and get broadsided by the light rail."

• Yellow: "Proceed into the side of the light rail with caution"

swiftkickinthedick t1_jaerjck wrote

This happened to me WHEN I WAS WALKING by Newport mall. I go to cross the tracks and I I look up to my left and the light rail train is stopping short 2 feet from my face. The operator raises his hands to say “what the fuck” and then I point at the light and the walk signal. Not sure if it was operator error or the traffic signal was fucked up

samwiseganja96 t1_jaeoc1o wrote

I suggest compiling the links to the numerous reddit posts into an email and forwarding that to all council members and the mayor. If anyone wants I will be doing so and will post the links on this thread so you can copypasta

Economy-Cupcake808 t1_jaeteed wrote

Sometimes I look out the front of the light rail and I have seen conductors go on a horizontal bar at an intersection. (Horizontal bar tells train to stop at crossing vertical says to go)

EDIT. Upon closer inspection it appears the operator ran through a signal telling them to stop, you can see a horizontal bar in this image.

weenus_tickler t1_jaeq98j wrote

The light rail is supposed to wait for red, conductor probably decided to go early.

HappyArtichoke7729 t1_jaej5vi wrote

Now you know why there are so many cases of cars hitting trains here.

michael_scarn17 t1_jaesn22 wrote

I know someone who’s father hit by a train, light was green and town paid them $5M. Next time get hit

Lostinlingo t1_jaetr8y wrote

Wait how bad was the injury ?

michael_scarn17 t1_jaevrc2 wrote

Well… he died. But that was like a legit train that was going like 50mph. These won’t be as bad

Ok_Respect6130 t1_jaewu3r wrote

Happens all the time at the Marin stop. They just go whenever they please. It’s wild.

Xciv t1_jaf3fyy wrote

This is a serious high priority hazard. Should report to the city ASAP before someone gets smooshed.

red__what t1_jaev1ah wrote

I have seen this a couple times too.

This is the shit that keeps one up at night.

The_Nomadic_Nerd t1_jaetqwx wrote

The same thing happened to me by the light rail crossing at Liberty State Park last weekend. So dangerous...

QuantumCryptoKush t1_jaeqioa wrote

That’s happened to me before as well at that exact same light.

HotRod6391 t1_jaez2rk wrote

JC Traffic Lights: I dare you

GesaSaint t1_jaexvfk wrote

It happened to me too this morning near bj’s

Ornery_Put_6161 t1_jaen1ms wrote

Probably because it’s malfunctioning ?

−6

bodhipooh t1_jaeo205 wrote

Or, maybe the light rail conductor failed to observe a signal telling him to stop. Without visual proof of the train signal, it's impossible to tell what happened here. But, honestly, if I was betting, I would go with the theory that the conductor is at fault.

Complex_Difficulty t1_jaerqzg wrote

Yeah, the signal is hard to see (box on the pole, to left of orange the "moderalofts.com" sign), but it looks like it's showing a horizontal bar. Pretty sure the train was supposed to wait.