Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ceeyell t1_jdj92ky wrote

I'm so excited about this. We really need a park in JSQ

moobycow t1_jdjeuts wrote

Fulop has done a decent job of finding ways to get some more park space in the city.

objectimpermanence t1_jdk9tjb wrote

This was actually in the works before he was mayor. But maybe he had something to do with it while he was on the city council.

This parcel was zoned for open green space back in 2010. It’s just taken a long time for Hudson County to work out plans to build the new courthouse and demolish the existing building to make way for the park.

There’s a detailed timeline of events here.

Chilltopjc t1_jdsy0fr wrote

I’m not a Fulop fanboy but he/admin deserve some credit for working out the current deal with the county. Community raised hell in ‘19 when the county wanted to sell part of the land to a developer. The land was zoned for a park in 2010 but the nuts and bolts of who would own the land (city or county), who would build the park, etc., weren’t settled until pretty recently.

nuncio_populi t1_jdjodtx wrote

Excellent news on this front. You really do feel the lack of parks up there, especially when you have small children.

Edit: grammar

fastAFguy t1_jdjnaax wrote

Excellent news!! Journal Square really needs this green space.

rubensinclair t1_jdk6854 wrote

Now we just need a fruit and veg stand in this neighborhood and we’re good to go.

ReadenReply t1_jdlu15d wrote

The new courthouse with park next door makes me, almost, not dread jury duty in the future

HoneyWest007 t1_jdmi10h wrote

Is this a city or county park?

TrafficSNAFU OP t1_jdn789x wrote

I'm going to assume city but that's just an assumption.