Submitted by nuncio_populi t3_11n4ixh in jerseycity

The head baseball coach at Ferris is trying to slip in the need for the new community center at LSP. Remember, folks, sporting facilities and fields were always part of the original plan. Let’s make sure the state sticks to it and not Fireman’s vision.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2023/03/follow-nys-lead-and-regulate-lithium-ion-batteries-turn-parkland-into-green-classrooms-jersey-city-schools-need-more-fields-letters.html?outputType=amp

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jerseycityfrankie t1_jbolxnj wrote

Has anyone looked into the environmental impact of all the fertilizer and weed killer used on that golf club? The drainage runoff very likely takes this overwhelming chemical poisoning directly to the Hudson. Action should be taken to end all use of weed killer pesticides and harmful caustic fertilizer so close to the estuary boundary.

JerseyCityNJ t1_jbn4cz3 wrote

Wtf? Have you seen Ferris High School? Half the land is a massive FIELD. Furthermore, when I went to (another) highschool, we didn't have a football team because we didn't have a football field and everyone turned out okay. City schools can't accommodate EVERY single sport... However, I'm pretty sure that Ferris is one of the few schools that does have enough room for a baseball field on its property already!

_homegrown t1_jbo7xs9 wrote

Ferris has the football field in front, the baseball field in the back on Columbus, and then there's a football field not far away by Booker T.

robin_tern t1_jbn7ugm wrote

Jersey City should definitely astroturf that grass field at Ferris, would allow for much higher intensity of use for football, baseball and soccer.

Robin.

mikevago t1_jbp5grm wrote

I'm getting YouTube ads from Liberty State Park For Paul. He's really going all-in this time around. I wonder how much money this is all costing him. At a certain point, it's going to be cheaper to buy Port Liberté and tear that down instead of the nature preserve.