Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PixelSquish t1_je7n2ao wrote

overpriced and isolated. not a fan of gated communities. feel so weird to me.

objectimpermanence t1_je7w8eq wrote

Isolated and overpriced,
Gated communities I do despise,
Feeling strange in such a place,
Where neighbors are hidden from your face.

These fortresses of the elite,
Offer security and retreat,
But at what cost to our society,
When division is their priority?

Give me a street with life and soul,
Where people come and go,
Where community is not just a word,
But a feeling that is truly heard.

So goodbye to the gated way,
I choose a different path today,
One where diversity can thrive,
And human connections come alive.

–Poem courtesy of ChatGPT

Blecher_onthe_Hudson t1_je8c33b wrote

Similar to Port Liberte, it's living in the city without really living in the city. If that floats your boat for some reason, have at it.

DrunkenDonuts1227 t1_je83zee wrote

Lived there for a year and holy hell it’s isolated. Loved the space and parking, but it was a chore to get to basically anywhere that wasn’t Bayonne.

hrckw32 t1_je7npby wrote

Middle of nowhere

lasquarte t1_je8bvfq wrote

Depends on who you are or what you are looking for. As a starter home, or for a family with a newborn, this can be great value for space, quiet, walkable waterfront, while being relatively close to the city (20 minutes drive to Grove St). However, you do need a car to get virtually anywhere, and don't expect to go barhopping in the area lol.

yourapuppet t1_je8eb5l wrote

And the summer rotten egg stench. It’s a thing. Google is your friend.

MarieSkiis t1_je7wgyr wrote

All the cops live there.

No-Practice-8038 t1_je7yuej wrote

Mayor Cunningham used to live there. With all the development that is supposed to take place some might find it attractive.

robin_tern t1_je7ifer wrote

Water, floods, big waves.

Robin.

JCwhatimsayin t1_je8vjm3 wrote

I would assume there will be significant quality of life impacts as construction of the neighboring bayfront neighborhood gets underway. There's only two ways in and out of that neighborhood, and one of them is going to be a mess for years, I bet. On the other hand, allegedly, Bayfront will get a light rail stop, so that could solve the connectivity issue if you are thinking very long term.

RebeccaLoneBrook29 t1_je9qcnc wrote

Half of the basements have mold due to poor construction and seepage.

Laraujo31 t1_je9qmn7 wrote

That area is flood prone and you tend to see rats running around after major storms. I personally think its a good value if your into the whole gated community thing and don't feel like paying a million dollars. You need a car but parking is not an issue here. The LR station and nearest bus stop is a long walk but not impossible. There is a supermarket close by and some other stores. I expect this area to blow up in a few years once the general 440 area gets redeveloped. Very safe to walk around and it also has some amenities that you can enjoy.

BonelessTacos312 t1_jeb8shw wrote

April marks two years since I moved there. No issues at all. Maybe I’m just lucky but I don’t hear my neighbors at all which is great. You don’t have to worry about parking or street sweeping. The HOA fees cover snow removal which is nice. Love using their pool in the summer which is usually empty. You definitely need a car to make life easier. Apparently they’re opening up Target in the complex that has Acme. It usually takes me 15-20 minute drive to get downtown whenever I meet friends and an Uber usually costs me anywhere from $15-20 for those nights I plan on boozing it up.