Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Happyjee t1_iqxdmzg wrote

PSEG is the best… at fucking you up mentally and wasting your time. I had to make 5 calls last year to get the connection under my name. It’s about getting the right associate to help you. keep trying

BusyMakingCupcakes t1_iqxf544 wrote

Thank you. Luckily for them, I have crippling anxiety and I'll call every hour if I have to just to get this off my plate 🤣

Remarkable_Debate866 t1_iqxerhs wrote

Pseg is the worst. Definitely take a photo of the meters upon move in. If you can get them to email you it’s better to have a record. Tell them your next step is letting your NJ state rep (like Stack) or your city council member know if they are being truly useless.

That said I’d never seen a landlord ask for proof the services were set up before I arrived. Usually I’ve done it the day of or just after loving. Seems kinda odd to me.

BusyMakingCupcakes t1_iqxf26w wrote

Thank you. The landlord asking that seemed kind of odd. I've owned for years and have never lived in Jersey so I wasn't sure if it was just something new. The house is owner occupied and I wonder if he's just been burned before.

pixel_of_moral_decay t1_iqxg7xd wrote

As I recall you can’t setup an account until you occupy the property.

That’s for good reason. You don’t want a future tenant in control of your power since an account holder can request things like service shutdown for maintenance. They don’t have the time/resources to be sorting out disputes so they just don’t setup people in advance. There’s no need.

When you move in you have a window to setup the account. You’ll then inherit the meter and start paying from that point forward.

vocabularylessons t1_iqxzgmg wrote

Sounds like you initially called the wrong PSE&G line, the group that does new service for new developments.

PSE&G is useless but I set up everything for my JC apartment entirely online, registered an account and input address, etc. I didn't have to jump through any of the hoops you're describing. Never spoke to anyone on the phone. There was also a large unpaid balance from the previous resident but I did not pay that because it's not my problem. But I couldn't set up service under my name until I had actually moved in. The first bill under my name was for an accurate amount. Give it another try.