Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ProBillofRights t1_itmy49i wrote

Just saw my friend's tax bill. They'll be paying over $16,000. I feel bad for all of you for having to pay this outrageous tax bill. And, it's only going to get worse next year. Remember to VOTE ON NOVEMBER 08!!!

kokoromelody t1_itmyytl wrote

And just to tag on: u/AlexanderHamiltonJC (one of the few BOE officials who voted No for the prior quarter's budget increase) is doing an AMA Tuesday 10/25 6-8PM. He's fielding questions for it on the thread below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/jerseycity/comments/yc0wh2/hello_rjerseycity_im_alexander_hamilton_i/

letsnotdolunch t1_itq5p2d wrote

Do you have a list of all BOE officials up for election that voted No to the budget increase?

FYI everyone - Alexander Hamilton is running on the ballot under the "Change for Children" grouping in the BOE section.

kokoromelody t1_itqdp4b wrote

This has been reported previously:

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2022/05/jersey-city-school-board-approves-nearly-1-billion-budget-in-close-vote.html

>The 5-4 vote broke along the same lines as the vote for initial approval in March. President Gerry Lyons, Vice President Gina Verdibello, and trustees Noemi Velazquez, Paula Jones-Watson, and Lorenzo Richardson voted to approve.

Vice President Natalia Ioffe and trustees Alexander Hamilton, Younass Barkouch, and LeKendrick Shaw voted against the budget.

Unfortunately I think Hamilton is the only one who voted No who is running for re-election this year.

The_Nomadic_Nerd OP t1_itra5p9 wrote

OK so now we need to vote Velazquez the fuck out. I think Hamilton is running with Ervin and Reyes. Do you know if those other 2 would vote against a future ridiculous budget like this?

AlexanderHamiltonJC t1_its1wuv wrote

I know for a fact that Doris Toni Ervin and Kenny Reyes would vote against such a bloated budget.

kokoromelody t1_itrd6aa wrote

I don't. You can search for any of their given statements online though, as they've submitted them to a number of news sites and local blogs. You can also use the AMA tonight with Hamilton to ask.

Glad_ds t1_itp5ita wrote

You can bet on your butt cheeks that I'll be going to vote on Nov 8th.