Submitted by newworldorder69 t3_y9cnua in jerseycity

I recall going to a really good pizzeria with outdoor seating that’s known for its white sauce pies, specifically their white sauce clam pizza.

Does anyone know which place(s) are good in JC for white sauce pizza?

I’ve been searching for months and haven’t been able to find it.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThenIGetAChipwichOK t1_it554bc wrote

I don’t know anyone that does a clam pie in JC but I’d love to hear if someone knows the spot you’re thinking of. I’ve started making my own because it’s hard to find on menus!

If you’re willing to go to Staten Island — Lee’s Tavern and Denino’s both have great clam pies. I think Lee’s is the best for clam pies but heads up it’s a bar pie style.

N0_ThisIsPATRICK t1_it8qh5j wrote

> If you’re willing to go to Staten Island — Lee’s Tavern and Denino’s both have great clam pies. I think Lee’s is the best for clam pies but heads up it’s a bar pie style.

These are my go-to's for a good Clam Pie. Lee's Tavern is right next to the Dongan Hills SIR stop if you don't have a car and feel like taking a long public transit adventure.

ThenIGetAChipwichOK t1_it8ro0b wrote

And Denino's is very close to the Bayonne Bridge, so pizza-seekers could also potentially have a nice adventure taking light rail to the end of the line in Bayonne, and then walking over the bridge, which has a pedestrian walkway, and then on to Denino's. Good way to burn off the calories on a sunny day, haha.

Though they're both great, and Denino's is probably my favorite overall, I do think Lee's has the better clam pie. My favorite at Denino's is the MOR - a red sauce pie with meatballs, onion and ricotta on top. So good. Lots of great pizza on SI.

fandagan t1_it78yvd wrote

Paulie's Brickhouse has a clam pizza. Won't say it's amazing but it definitely scratches the itch.