Submitted by LateralEntry t3_yackjl in jerseycity

Friday night was awesome! My Chemical Romance put on an amazing show, Nine Inch Nails were incredible, Queens of the Stone Age rocked, all of the other performers were terrific. Hope you all enjoyed.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

m_pops t1_itc36tt wrote

The NIN set was like, one of the best cover bands I’ve ever seen, and heard.

Pumchnjerz t1_itc7dip wrote

They really were, and such a good setlist. Hearing Dead Souls performed live in a cemetery is probably one of the greatest things I've ever experienced.

Jahooodie t1_itgdfnm wrote

Was talking to my friend, for this event the set list choice can have a big influence on it. They did great with their choices & ordering them

LateralEntry OP t1_itc8t9l wrote

They really were, sounded just like NIN at their prime. They didn't talk to the audience at all though - I guess they were channeling Trent Reznor's unfriendliness!

Goodbye_Sky_Harbor t1_itcm9my wrote

They were amazing. My wife who had never heard a NIN song said she wanted to listen to them now.

Pumchnjerz t1_itbxh9i wrote

Pretty Hate Mechanics (NIN) were amazing. Does anyone know if those guys are in other bands?

kulgan t1_itcvod8 wrote

If this is a hike for you, Bike JC is doing their free bike valet for today's event. Ride your bike there, they'll watch it for free. Don't need to bring a lock or anything.

CrossEyed2 t1_itd1q92 wrote

The NIN cover band was phenomenal. One of the best cover bands I've seen to date. Overall a great show Friday night!

LateralEntry OP t1_itd25dg wrote

Amazing music, but I was surprised they didn’t talk to the crowd at all. I guess that’s Trent Reznor for you!

NYCjames1977 t1_itai04c wrote

Would it be fine to bring a kid tomorrow daytime?

mickyrow42 t1_itaywhl wrote

definitely. not like ultra family oriented but plenty of people bring their hip kids. people dress up, its a friendly environment.

NYCjames1977 t1_itbjeae wrote

Dress up like Halloween?

RAWisROLLIE t1_itblzc9 wrote

Yes. I feel like it's fewer every year, but we still go all out.

mickyrow42 t1_itdvvjo wrote

Yes definitely. Not like an official costume thing but people have fun with it.

NYCjames1977 t1_itdw3jj wrote

I went earlier. There was a dude who sang an AlanIs Morrisette song and he was 🔥. The rest I saw were ok. The drummers were all good though just vocalists mostly we’re not the best! But vibe was cool and probably better at night with the headliners! I would return

Jahooodie t1_itgda08 wrote

The Alanis & the Morrisettes did good passing it around, some of her songs are super hard vocally. The dude guitarist did kill it on his song though

mickyrow42 t1_itgx4e4 wrote

Ya for sure. They aren’t all great acts but it’s the vibe. Headliners we’re all pretty solid—New Order was hands down the best, really closed it out hard last night.

LateralEntry OP t1_itbn985 wrote

Yes, there were people with kids there last night, they had a great time. Just be aware it’s really loud up front, and they have to be careful and respectful in the graveyard (lots of stones to trip on / damage)

kevstev t1_itc0s5r wrote

Are dogs allowed? I have never been and it seemed more like an outdoor festival in the past but now it seems more like a show.

Jahooodie t1_itgafmw wrote

It’s the best event series in town, a charity fundraiser, Tony is swell.

Also for the record if you read this Pat Byrne Little Steven Van Zandt, the Lilyhammer to Lilith Fair joke ruled