Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

haiduz t1_iurifw1 wrote

Their wings are excellent and they have a daily food special for every day of the week.

−17

nerdiestnerdballer t1_iurp2lt wrote

👀 this is the second time i seen you speaking positively about the Ashford, Id bet you work there, or have some other connection to it!

Gmen9256 t1_iurqk35 wrote

Not OP, nor do I work at The Ashford or have any connection to it, but I do like their wings and it's a great spot for Sunday football.

This sub has had an anti-Ashford circle jerk for years now but here they are packed out every weekend - it's almost as if some people do like it and can speak positively about it without having any sort of connection to it.

FloatingWeight t1_ius8fmu wrote

I mean i don’t love it, but it’s a popular bar with a more diverse crowd Than this subreddit, why is it surprising that someone would like it ?

Anonymous1985388 t1_iusaijp wrote

Agreed- Ashford has a crowd that is more diverse than many bars I've been to in NYC.

haiduz t1_iurqah3 wrote

Nope. I just like to make fun of the /r/jerseycity narrative. And on a given month there will be like 5 to 15 posts making fun of ashford by people that don’t go there or barely go out at all. I like to provide the counter voice because farming downvotes from dorks is just as fun as farming upvotes on Reddit.

It’s pretty fucking stupid to think that anyone that has the BRAVERY to say trashford isn’t the racist shithole that /r/jerseycity makes it out to be (and is actually the opposite) must work there. Some people just can form their own opinions.

My connection to is that it’s in my top 5 most visited and fave Newark Ave bars.

−5

nerdiestnerdballer t1_iurraow wrote

So your the owner? Got it.

LearnDifferenceBot t1_iurrhfa wrote

> So your the

*you're

Learn the difference here.

^(Greetings, I am a language corrector bot. To make me ignore further mistakes from you in the future, reply !optout to this comment.)

BenevolentCheese t1_ius8zpy wrote

Holy shit, daily food specials every day!

haiduz t1_ius9d2u wrote

Okay but tell me another bar on Newark Ave or JC that has a rotating happy happy hour each day. Seriously I’m asking. Happy hour in this town are sooo mid so it’s nice that they are at least trying.

GreenTunicKirk t1_iut2cco wrote

Grove St Station on the corner?

I find their (ashford) food to be … edible. It’s all geared to be plated and look good in pics - specifically, the Instagram crowd. Honestly it’s a clever business model to focus more on attracting clientele obsessed with how they appear on social rather than provide good food.

The large venue is cool, and the drafts are fine. But honestly it’s an overwrought club/restaurant trying to be a destination and it lacks any authenticity to it. It belongs in Florida, not Jersey.

And I don’t even hate it.