Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

aramova t1_iybe9dk wrote

What's up with "wrapping your order", driver circles the place in Hoboken twice, drives up to the heights for 35 minutes, down to Exchange, before finally heading back to Hoboken to pick up the order and Uber saying "Oops we're sorry your order is 75 minutes late", followed by cold soggy fries and microwaved burgers?

Like, really tough, what's up with that? If y'all ain't gonna be able to get the orders, why accept them?

[Edit] I always tip at least 20-30% which gets crazy when you order from Muteki Ramen and two bowls and an appetizer cost you $70. So don't give me any of that poor tipping nonsense. If the weather is crap, I worked as a bike messenger and throw out $40 bucks to the poor soul bringing stuff from Hoboken to Exchange. Those asshats on Wall never did that for their papers.

scubastefon t1_iybgvsj wrote

I can’t decide if this is a ranty complaint wrapped in a humble brag or a humble brag wrapped in a complaint. So many layers.

[deleted] OP t1_iybi2bd wrote

i'll get to this, lol heating up ani ramen rn

[deleted] OP t1_iybwzlz wrote

You have to be very experienced and disciplined to complete these kinds of orders.

it's called multistacking.

here's how it plays out, let's say i'm by shake shack and i get an order to go to exchange place, great, i accept.

then on another app, i get an order going to greene st... i accept. but ONLY if i know i'm going to be able to deliver to exchange place in a timely manner.

i've witnessed this mistake with my fiance one time we ordered shakes and notice the delivery driver dipping into the hieghts.

some delivery drivers get greedy and accept orders that aren't going in the same direction. then the experience suffers. that's why i say, you need to be very technical and experienced to do these kinds of orders. it's got to be the easiest way to get deactivated. it took me about 2 weeks to get a hang of it now that i know the different cities and streets by memory i could calculate the trip much quicker.

there's a lot of new drivers joining in now. i've noticed about everytime i order on uber eats there's a driver with about 100 deliveries under their belt. that's likely what happened with your soggy food.

that sounds terrible and it's happened to me. i hope you got your money back.

scubastefon t1_iydkkcw wrote

It shouldn’t be on the driver to decide which orders to pick to improve customer experience. They’re just being opportunists who are trying to maximize their own revenue within the rules of the platform. The app should be incorporating that into its decisions regarding order flow. I’m sure there are some cases where the drivers don’t even know where they are, they’re just following the arrow.

[deleted] OP t1_iyewoss wrote

believe me drivers are more clueless than you'd think. the other day a guy came to me about an order he "picked up" in diesal & duke and he didn't know how to unassign or open google maps.

it's horrific.

katscicluna t1_iyd8bsm wrote

Anyone expecting crispy fries on a delivery makes me laugh. Good luck with that.

creeky123 t1_iybgk2y wrote

Have you tried tipping?

bluescholar1 t1_iybly9s wrote

Yeah, after the service takes place. This whole thing of pre-tipping to get the right level of service is bizarro world.

[deleted] OP t1_iyf13kz wrote

i do recommend sticking to uber eats and i suggest putting the full amount or at least 70-80 percent of the tip before drop off. if not your food won't get picked up.

if you tipped well and service wasn't met, you could retract the tip and i recommend giving the drivers a bad rating, there's enough of them out here. show no mercy. you work hard for your $