Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_iybwzlz wrote

You have to be very experienced and disciplined to complete these kinds of orders.

it's called multistacking.

here's how it plays out, let's say i'm by shake shack and i get an order to go to exchange place, great, i accept.

then on another app, i get an order going to greene st... i accept. but ONLY if i know i'm going to be able to deliver to exchange place in a timely manner.

i've witnessed this mistake with my fiance one time we ordered shakes and notice the delivery driver dipping into the hieghts.

some delivery drivers get greedy and accept orders that aren't going in the same direction. then the experience suffers. that's why i say, you need to be very technical and experienced to do these kinds of orders. it's got to be the easiest way to get deactivated. it took me about 2 weeks to get a hang of it now that i know the different cities and streets by memory i could calculate the trip much quicker.

there's a lot of new drivers joining in now. i've noticed about everytime i order on uber eats there's a driver with about 100 deliveries under their belt. that's likely what happened with your soggy food.

that sounds terrible and it's happened to me. i hope you got your money back.

scubastefon t1_iydkkcw wrote

It shouldn’t be on the driver to decide which orders to pick to improve customer experience. They’re just being opportunists who are trying to maximize their own revenue within the rules of the platform. The app should be incorporating that into its decisions regarding order flow. I’m sure there are some cases where the drivers don’t even know where they are, they’re just following the arrow.

[deleted] OP t1_iyewoss wrote

believe me drivers are more clueless than you'd think. the other day a guy came to me about an order he "picked up" in diesal & duke and he didn't know how to unassign or open google maps.

it's horrific.