Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

halocene_epic t1_j172y1z wrote

Ah shit, here we go again

ffejie t1_j189jbe wrote

Every time someone asks on Reddit, I heard they move the opening date one month back.

viniciusah t1_j18pe25 wrote

Current opening is scheduled for May 2025 at this pace.

ffejie t1_j18pga4 wrote

Sorry now it's June 2025. I don't make the rules.

viniciusah t1_j18pk3q wrote

Best they can do is July 2025. No exceptions. No substitutions.

Jahooodie t1_j18wgvy wrote

Can we get the mayor or something to do one of those viral dares, where he dares Trader Joe's to open a location faster than Whole Foods can open? C'mon lets use hellscape social media for something good.

Affectionate-Buy2539 t1_j18nesv wrote

I think we have hallmarks new feel good holiday movie:

Community bans together to pitch in and open organic food store before new years.

Cue ridiculous but heartwarming construction montage

Also insert romantic storyline of big city lawyer who had to come home for the holidays to JC and falls in love with electrician during the build

DirectorBeneficial48 t1_j17lnih wrote

It's fucking years away still. Fucking hell, years more of stupid fucking posts about this place and it won't even be open.

Jahooodie t1_j18w90m wrote

Wait for the ramp Whole Foods, Morty. They love the slow ramp Whole Foods. Really gets their dicks hard when they see this ramp Whole Foods just slowly extending down.

drkensaccount t1_j179c8n wrote

There's a big one in Tribeca, a couple of blocks or so from WTC. There's a littler one in Weehawken, across the street from the Lincoln Harbor Light Rail station. That's the situation with Whole Foods in Jersey City. Last I heard, Plan A to convert the garage turned out to be completely inadequate, so they're onto Plan B. I think that's why it looks like an indoor build site right now.

huaxinlu t1_j1733ns wrote

Working slowly inside from what I can tell. painfully slow but at least I see people working every day

WhichSea15 t1_j18qf4a wrote

Use the search function.

Miringanes t1_j18ujoh wrote

So my in my expert opinion… they did make some progress. It looked like they got some underground plumbing rough-ins installed. I can only assume there was a permit issue for plumbing which caused a delay, or a design change, or a multitude of other things. Once that plumbing is done and any electrical raceways, they’ll likely start to pour the slab

BikingVikingNYC t1_j1dhn96 wrote

Ask and you shall receive.

Still at least 6 months away, assuming everything goes smoothly from now on.

Nuplex OP t1_j1ehyve wrote

Thank you for an actual answer! I'm on the subreddit everyday had not seen anything on Whole Foods progress in a while. Not sure why I got so much snark from everyone else.

BikingVikingNYC t1_j1ei5rm wrote

In part because it's reddit, in part because of the ridiculously slow progress.

sandra22223 t1_j1bt897 wrote

There was an article I saw yesterday about Whole Foods pausing their grocery expansion so this may have been impacted :(