Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JerseyCityNJ t1_j63gfoi wrote

I hate, Hate, HATE the fact that JC residents need to cross into another state or city to take a train to NEW JERSEY locations.

Jersey City folks used to be able to catch a train at Pavonia Newport and ride all the way to Chicago. There used to be train lines to all sorts of NJ locations staring in Jersey City. Have you seen the train terminal in Liberty Park? There were like half a dozen such terminals all along the waterfront.

Now? Now we need to bend the knee to Hoboken, Newark, or cross state lines to NYC to get anywhere west of the Hackensack River. Oh how the mighty have fallen ....

−1

VanWorst t1_j64uxs8 wrote

We still have Hoboken Terminal, though technically it's right across the border

JerseyCityNJ t1_j6duxn3 wrote

What are you talking about? Hoboken has Hoboken terminal. I'm talking about JC. If it is in another town, IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!

VanWorst t1_j6enk4m wrote

> though technically it's right across the border

JerseyCityNJ t1_j6n1hkd wrote

Hoboken =/= Jersey City.

My entire point in my original comment summarized: back in the day JC residents could board trains IN JERSEY CITY and travel to neighboring towns west of the Hackensack River and even ride halfway across the country with no transfers. Now, people from Jersey City need to schlep to Hoboken or somewhere else to catch an actual train. This is inferior and less convenient.

Do you disagree???