Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

nasty_brutish_longer t1_j4e8ehm wrote

Forget the headliners. Most big metros have equivalents to our "nice" places, and almost everywhere has some kind of fine dining. But very few regions have anything like White Mana or Laico's, let alone entire neighborhoods to trawl like India Square or the Ironbound or Flushing.

pixel_of_moral_decay t1_j4io0ce wrote

That’s a good take. Go for the unique stuff.

Same thing when traveling. I don’t want stuff I can find at home, even if it’s good for the most part. I want what I can’t get at home.

lucke0204 t1_j4dwtym wrote

Corto consistently delivers an amazing meal.

jamdmc t1_j4ek6wj wrote

Seconded. Corto is a must try

ashlandbus t1_j4eb1fk wrote

15 Fox Place - something you truly aren’t going to find anywhere else. Unless your mom/grandmother cooks a bottomless, 15 course Italian meal for you and a dozen strangers.

Adventurous_Drop_249 t1_j4do367 wrote

Wurstbar, satis bistro, cafe dolma for brunch, cafe Madeline, lokal for happy hour

Jahooodie t1_j4l7yd0 wrote

What's the appeal of Lokal for the OP? Happy hour brew and the unmatched NYC view?

Adventurous_Drop_249 t1_j4l9km7 wrote

Well the view is a plus but their food is actually really good! Can’t beat the 1$ oysters for happy hour and the papas bravas, Brussels sprouts, and tuna tartare are always spot on.

MVP41 t1_j4eawaz wrote

Freetown Road Project

Knobbies4Ever t1_j4dy4jf wrote

Boulevard Drinks

someguyfromnj t1_j4eocg8 wrote

This! Ive been to Chicago, NY, FL and many west coast place but this hits home. So does Rizzo, giant slice.

lilintrovert104 t1_j4eyu2p wrote

west side shawarma at the gas station on the corner of communipaw and west side ave, cash only and pick up only. chicken or lamb are my faves, and I always get extra white sauce

slickmartini t1_j4e9a0s wrote

Laicos. Don’t miss the spiedini!

Buenos-dhaas t1_j4duttr wrote

Domo domo, wurstbar, Matthews

whybother5000 t1_j4dsp3g wrote

Razza, Rumi, Dolma, Korai Kitchen, Dosa Hut

RosaKlebb t1_j4dqsxo wrote

I like Frankie, not to say they have what you couldn't get in any other place but I never had a bad meal there and I feel it's tough to find a consistently good place in the area.

glo46 t1_j4f20lh wrote

Smakmak, order the family meal with the grilled Branzino and a side of fried calamari, it's absolutely delicious.

theZeetUY t1_j4g44wy wrote

Any love for Rumba Cubana?

pmax2 t1_j4en83c wrote

Barge Inn has a certain old school charm

'

Jahooodie t1_j4l8jet wrote

You can't replicate that actual mobbed up patina

Ghorelick t1_j4el62o wrote

Ondo, orale

Kowabungaaa1 t1_j4i51yz wrote

Ondo is truly amazing, just gotta mentally prepare the mind beforehand for the bill you will receive 😄

tofaloaf t1_j4feui3 wrote

I’m Leaving too!

Particular-Seesaw-56 t1_j4g3naj wrote

Wurstbar - for insane sausage rolls, fries and just everything (great beer, too) White Star - for one of the best burgers in the world (great happy hour, too) Amelia’s - for $5 brunch mimosas and the best breakfast tots Satis Bistro - for awesome wine and dinner Rumba Cubana - extremely underrated spot for any meal

Particular-Seesaw-56 t1_j4g3u2e wrote

Itto Sushi - 10/10 byob and the sushi never disappoints

Jahooodie t1_j4l8h4w wrote

Itto's good; my opinion is it's a perfectly serviceable join if it's your local neighborhood, but wouldn't put it on a farewell to JC tour. And it's subjective, but I find their seating area off, like something about the layout is just uncomfortable feeling and needs to be redesigned.

fastAFguy t1_j4hue3q wrote

Ok. Not Jersey City but try Fornos of Spain on Ferry St. in Newark.

IAmRube t1_j4euol9 wrote

Left Bank Burger Bar

JerseyCarolyn t1_j4g52oa wrote

Park Tavern, Ahri’s Kitchen, Rumba Cubano, Razza just for the bread, Taqueria

edk5 t1_j4gepa1 wrote

Wurstbar for comfort food.

rocketestate t1_j4dzfek wrote

Satay(Hoboken), Ahri’s Kitchen, More Sushi, Max’s Restaurant, Any Indian restaurant in Indian square, Halal Food Truck by Communipaw Ave and West Side Ave(better than halal guys imo)

JPwnr t1_j4evs1d wrote

Uncle Momo's.

Went there for the first time tonight and loved it. It's BYOB too.

Burger King

derekvho t1_j4g7ia5 wrote

AMERICAN/MEXICAN: 2Franklin Social, Dullboy, Kitchen Step, Hamilton Pork, Sam AM, Taqueria

ASIAN: Jiangnan Fusion, ONDO, Sushi by Bou, Cellar 335, Pinwheel Garden, Clove Garden of India

EUROPEAN: Satis Bistro, Wurstbar, Razza, 15 Fox Place

AUSTRALIAN: Frankie

lmederi t1_j4gmfkz wrote

Green Pear Heights. Wow, it’s amazing. They’re my favorite in the heights and just won best restaurant award by the city

fluffyrainbowlamb t1_j4hpa5u wrote

pinwheel is a thai fusion place near LSP and it's absolutely amazing small menu but everything is delicious

vocabularylessons t1_j4os5j9 wrote

Corto, Freetown Road, Harry's Daughter, Rumba Cubano, Pinwheel Garden

JerseyCity_Nuyorican t1_j4eelcw wrote

The Hamilton Inn (outdoor camp seating).

−14

JerseyCity_Nuyorican t1_j4g4nod wrote

Why is this being downvoted? Are you kidding me?

−1

Ilanaspax t1_j4hrmym wrote

There’s literally nothing special about Hamilton inn. It’s success is based on a historic lack of competition in that area.

JerseyCity_Nuyorican t1_j4hwccx wrote

There is nothing special about many of the places commented on this post. The outdoor camp section is a unique and rare dining area/set-up and the food is good.