Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cringelord69420666 t1_isnj04v wrote

Dreamscape - Catyl

Just released a bunch of experiment electronic music I've made over the past 18 years or so. Here's one I'm really proud of made back in ~2009. Let me know what you think https://open.spotify.com/track/7kx6SFCyXJ0u4qlGVjNByJ?si=hhX3OBt_Tqm6w_XVD0FKdQ&utm_source=copy-link

There's some tracks in the older stuff that make me cringe a little now, but feel free to check some stuff out and let me know what you think, even make fun of me if you'd like.

MannyGrey t1_it4vvpj wrote

I liked the opening mysterious tone around the melodies, almost like a documentary about space. The pianos later reminded me of parasite eve. With the mixing though, I did think that the hi-hats where a little loud. I'd also suggest adding some reverb (not delay) to some of your percussion to help it blend. My last suggestion would be to use a compressor on the pianos to shave off some of that little extra to get a nice cohesive blend. Cool stuff man. Keep creating!

I produce hip-hop, so if you get a sec, here's me taking my power back from a harsh life.

cringelord69420666 t1_it5c8gx wrote

I mean, I made this song pre-2010 mixing on a torented uncracked DAW using stock Dell speakers and had to finish each song in 1 session because I couldn't save...so I think my 18yo self did alright. I wouldn't have taken your suggestions either way though.