Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Otherwise-Sky1292 t1_j8jl7y2 wrote

Can't understand why anybody who isn't rich would be anti-union. If you are anti-union, you're a tool for said rich people.

cveolisnt t1_j8jm2ok wrote

Conservatives are professionals at being tools of everything right through their fanatical religious beliefs

Hilarias_Glucose_Cup t1_j8ngggj wrote

This state is 100% run by Democrats. There is nothing stopping them from passing laws to allow teachers the right to strike.

charons-voyage t1_j8jnd4k wrote

I am not anti-union but I personally would never want to be part of a union. I’m capable of negotiating the terms of my employment without collective bargaining. My wife is in a union (higher Ed) and it’s such a headache to get shitty coworkers fired and ambitious coworkers promoted. F that.

−44

420trashcan t1_j8mh10x wrote

"I'm not anti union I just repeat anti union memes and don't say anything positive."

charons-voyage t1_j8mk57j wrote

Form a Union if you want idc lol. I just personally wouldn’t want to be in one. Not sure why that’s such a big deal lol.

−5

420trashcan t1_j8mn8yj wrote

Because together we bargain alone we beg.

charons-voyage t1_j8mp5du wrote

So what about all the non-Union employees out there lol? I’m not a beggar. I actually prefer being able to dictate my own compensation WITHOUT having to collectively bargain. That doesn’t mean I don’t support people who want to be part of a union.

−4

SainTheGoo t1_j8nzpo6 wrote

You think you have the leverage against a huge company? It might not feel like begging, but it basically is. And even if you're high enough that it's not begging, have some care for the vast majority of non-union workers getting screwed.

charons-voyage t1_j8o3ru9 wrote

I personally have a ton of leverage in my line of work since it’s a niche are and I have a fairly unique skill set. If my company doesn’t meet my compensation demand I’ll just go to another. Again, this isn’t a knock on unions, they can be great for many workers especially non-skilled labor. But for me there is no benefit.