Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Figwit_ OP t1_j9mzl0e wrote

People aren't flipping out about 1 park in the deep backwoods of Maine and so you think people wouldn't be upset about the whole state of NH tripling the camping rates? Hmm ok.

−17

somegridplayer t1_j9o9foa wrote

You just called Baxter "one park in the deep backwoods of Maine"

Take the L and move on dude.

pccb123 t1_j9oeshp wrote

"One park in the deep backwoods of Maine" to describe one of the most amazing pieces of perserved lands we've got hurt my soul lol

somegridplayer t1_j9oex5v wrote

He's gonna call Cape Cod National Seashore "just a small beach" next. I guarantee it.

deadliftothersup t1_j9nh1c8 wrote

It's the terminus of the AT and a pretty important state park for out of staters because of that, but ultimately it's just an example where no one is really complaining even about that park specifically.

Local and out of state/town differential rates can be found in a lot of things beyond camping sites. If your issue is the exact differential in this case rather than the concept than what is your ideal ratio?

TecumsehSherman t1_j9ok1ej wrote

I would pay money for the whole state of New Hampshire to pack up and move to Utah.

Figwit_ OP t1_j9oljql wrote

I think the majority of your neighbors in Mass disagree. Folks from Mass can't seem to get out of your state fast enough every Friday afternoon.

That's fine though, we just need a $50 toll on 93 coming into NH and we can call it even.

−3

TecumsehSherman t1_j9oma40 wrote

Remember when you guys created a crazy libertarian community that drowned in trash and got attacked by bears?

Or when you were asked with coming up with your most distinguishing feature as a State to put on the New Hampshire quarter, and all you could come up with a rock that kind of looked like a face from just the right angle. And then it promptly collapsed! That was amazing.

Figwit_ OP t1_j9p8yh5 wrote

Yeah, I actually agree with both those things being stupid and crazy. Seriously though, who the fuck cares about a rock that sort of looks like a dudes head? And it's everywhere!

Edit: we should be able to criticize ourselves and where we live without getting too defensive. NH has some fucked up policies and people up here, no doubt. Mass does some wacky shit sometimes, too. Maybe not quite as wacky as NH, but wacky still.