Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

knowslesthanjonsnow t1_j8zkpvf wrote

Reply to comment by payter_m8r in A new place to call home by payter_m8r

Just FYI they aren’t easy and are sort of pricey. And there’s a few of them.

Pale_Satisfaction798 t1_j8zvc66 wrote

I’m currently in school for early childhood in New Hampshire because I can pay in state. Would it not be worth it to complete school in NH if I want to teach in mass? Kind of just looking for whatever’s cheapest and if teachers in NH make more, I would probably settle

knowslesthanjonsnow t1_j8zx1a1 wrote

I believe teachers in MA make more but I’m unfamiliar with NH so I wouldn’t take my word for it. I think there are more tests for MA but do believe most of New England has at least some reciprocal requirements.

Pale_Satisfaction798 t1_j924blf wrote

Thank you!! Grew up in mass, moved to NH so I decided on snhu because it’s cheap and i was allowed in with only my HISET (high school equivalency). Is it possible to get my associates in NH and bachelors in MA?

DecisionOk757 t1_j91s38t wrote

I think it would be beneficial for you to finish in mass If that’s where you plan to teach. You’re gonna have to take your MTELs regardless in order to get licensed in Massachusetts. I’m in elementary education and the school I’m at focuses on prep for it

MasPerrosPorFavor t1_j92huff wrote

Just make sure to pass your MTELs if you want to teach in Mass. Hiring committees don't usually care where your degree is from, as long as you have it.