Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EtonRd t1_j993m0h wrote

I’m curious about people who are moving away from Boston because they have jobs that are remote. Is the expectation that when/if you have to get a new job or want to get a new job, you will only look at jobs that are remote? And is that realistic? I’m genuinely asking because I don’t know, I don’t work. Is it reasonable to rely on all future jobs you take being fully remote?

If the location truly doesn’t matter and a 2 1/2 hour drive to Cambridge on the days, the person has to be in the office is fine, then your money is going to go farthest in South Hadley. And western Mass has a lot to offer.

nkdeck07 t1_j9aracn wrote

> Is the expectation that when/if you have to get a new job or want to get a new job, you will only look at jobs that are remote? And is that realistic?

Yep, the cat is out of the bag with the tech industry. I might need to take a small hit in pay but it's worth it long term.

Cbos15111 OP t1_j9a0m5y wrote

Yes, my hope is to find other remote jobs and/or get out of the rat race of corporate America, particularly if we can get a cheaper house out in Western MA!