Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mallorn_hugger t1_jd642me wrote

Reply to comment by BobQuasit in To Ky1e: by FuzzAldrin36

I missed it but am enjoying all this spilled tea. Sounds like a wild time.

BobQuasit t1_jd65gnp wrote

It was. Even though it was kind of upsetting, I'm proud that I was banned. I'd have been ashamed if I had just meekly kept my head down and gone along to stay out of trouble with that loony.

mallorn_hugger t1_jd66gtt wrote

Good for you! Yeah, I had a weird situation with a mod on r/whitepeopletwitter earlier this week. I told my sister the world is on a fascist tilt... Even people I usually side with and consider myself part of (left leaning, liberal, inclusive and accepting) are losing their fucking minds. I'm glad you stood up, too! :)

I found one of their posts here and see they are from Western Mass, which is where I'm from. If they're in the Five College area (my home area)... My dad calls the Valley the "surrealistic pillow" for a reason. I love the place with all my heart, but the university bubble is a little hyper and out of touch sometimes. I read somewhere else that they haven't been in the state super long, so I'm wondering if they are a college student who hasn't grown up yet. ;)

fendermrc t1_jd7d09l wrote

Surrealistic Pillow is the name of an old Jefferson Airplane album, but it does work well to describe the happy valley!

Better than “the people’s republic of Amherst”, which I’ve also heard :).

mallorn_hugger t1_jd9har7 wrote

Oh yeah.... I remember now. Makes sense. My dad is an older boomer who was big into the music scene in the 60s and 70s. When I was little, I used to ask him what his favorite color was (a favorite topic of all 4-7 year olds) and he always replied with "deep greens and blues are the colors I choose," so really, that's par for the course!

And yes, I agree it is better than "the people's republic of Amherst" 🤣