Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Alfond378 t1_itjsgvc wrote

It would be rather difficult to. The witchcraft connection makes it easy to develop Halloween tourism. Without it, there's little that connects the city with Halloween and the city would be much worse off. People might complain about the tourists, but Salem could possibly resemble Lynn without all of the cash that's brought in year round.

northursalia t1_itkte4n wrote

Salem is where the witch trials took place, but Danvers (was called Salem Village) is actually where the most of the persons involved lived and where most of the hysteria was centered around. Danvers doesn't hype the connection, and is hardly a poor town.

CoolAbdul t1_itl20xi wrote

Poor Danvers. That's where it all happened, but Salem gets all the tourism bucks and Danvers is left with... McKinnon's, I guess.

redditspacer t1_itnrriq wrote

Danvers (then called Salem village) was the epicenter of the witch trails.

Apprehensive-Hat-494 OP t1_itjr2sb wrote

It seems a little cheap that the basis of your tourism industry is "witches" being killed 330 years ago.

Like Lexington and Concord made the modern US come to be and Salem killed innocent people, so Salem gets to host Halloween? I mean by that logic OG Halloween must be in Golgotha, Israel. /s

−15

wademcgillis t1_itkiyiy wrote

Do you actually believe Jesus was the first innocent ever to be put to death?

CoolAbdul t1_itl24vl wrote

> It seems a little cheap that the basis of your tourism industry is "witches" being killed 330 years ago.

I have Rome holding on Line 1...