Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_iyvihxn wrote

I did not - I know a couple of families that purchase there and in Stoughton back in the day and ended up choosing to sell once their kids came around and hit school age.

SharpCookie232 t1_iyvlzft wrote

Stoughton's on the way up. It has a commuter rail station, reasonable driving to Boston (relatively), and is surrounded by upscale towns. The schools will follow suit as the town gentrifies. It's a great investment.

human8060 t1_iyvngoa wrote

People have been saying that for decades. Stoughton isn't on it's way anywhere.

SynbiosVyse t1_iyw06o6 wrote

Stoughton is much nicer than Randolph in my opinion.

human8060 t1_iyw0ckl wrote

Having lived in both places, neither is better than the other.

SynbiosVyse t1_iyw0ysx wrote

Stoughton has some pretty wooded areas near the Easton and Sharon borders. You can get a house with good acreage over there that's not really an option in Randolph which is considerably denser. Also don't you think the Stoughton schools are better than Randolph or are they the same?

human8060 t1_iyw8rps wrote

In Randolph, my house backed up to hundreds of acres of woods. I literally spent my entire childhood in the woods. Schools were basically the same. Elementary schools were good, junior highs started going downhill, and high school was pretty awful.

SynbiosVyse t1_iyx3joj wrote

That's the exception not the rule. Randolph population density is 3300/sq mile compared to Stoughton at 1800/sq mile.

HebrewHammer14 t1_iyvp8nj wrote

Stoughton also apparently has a severely corrupt police force if you judge by recent turtleboy articles.

badhaircut22 t1_iyvz7td wrote

And the most corrupt police this side of the Mississippi to boot

SmokeEater1375 t1_iyw4shn wrote

Stoughton is almost like Brockton but with nice houses. It’s not as threatening but it’s not great. There are for sure a couple tucked away areas that I would consider living but that’s about it.

The old timers I know say it’s done 180 degree flip since they were younger. Maybe industry and business wise it’s on the way up, technically speaking. But people wise I wouldn’t say so. Like anywhere else there are good people and good neighborhoods but I think it’s often over-estimated as a nice town. They call it “Tough Town” for a reason lol.

Unable-Bison-272 t1_iywrkmn wrote

You’ve got to be pretty soft to think there is anything dangerous about Stoughton

SomePolack t1_iyx0nkd wrote

You’d be surprised, there’s been a good amount of murders in the past decades.

SmokeEater1375 t1_iyx4oop wrote

I literally said it’s not threatening but it’s not a nice town lol. A lot of lowlifes float around there. Sandwiched between Brockton and Randolph. Even the nice houses often have shitty people lol.

Unable-Bison-272 t1_iz8hd21 wrote

Yeah, that’s why I said you were soft. It’s a perfectly normal town. Take this shit back to Wellesley.

ohmyashleyy t1_iyx3yi0 wrote

Stoughton is way worse now than it was when I grew up there 30-15 years ago it and it wasn’t great then either. Funny enough my parents moved there from an apartment in Randolph.

tbootsbrewing t1_iyw72ex wrote

No, Ye as in Kanye. Trying to figure out what the Poland comment means?