Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bostonbananarama t1_j1ck1m2 wrote

> biggest movie of all time

Please say highest grossing, there is nothing special about Avatar. For as much money as it made, it has had zero cultural significance. It was an entirely forgettable movie.

rosie2490 t1_j1dcbm1 wrote

But the Unobtainim! It’s almost impossible to obtain!

YeaItsBig4L t1_j1ckdhb wrote

are you a robot? If you’re not a robot you’re really just made a comment that was like full of generic statements that have been regurgitated hundreds and hundreds of thousands of times by now. btw forgettable, is subjective, I’ve seen the movie at least 80 times in the past 13 years. So no I didn’t forget anything. And just a heads up, yes being the biggest grossing movie of all time, Literally makes it special. plus All of the other technological advances created to make the films. That also make it special. Hey my guy it’s just a movie it can’t hurt you, it’s OK. You’ll be OK. I’m sorry people enjoying things upsets you.

bostonbananarama t1_j1cm97h wrote

> are you a robot?

No.

> If you’re not a robot...

I just said I wasn't a robot, I can pick stop lights and crosswalks out of photographs and everything.

> ...you’re really just made a comment that was like full of generic statements that have been regurgitated hundreds and hundreds of thousands of times by now. btw forgettable, is subjective,

Hundreds of thousands of people saying a movie is forgettable certainly isn't a good thing.

> I’ve seen the movie at least 80 times in the past 13 years. So no I didn’t forget anything.

That's sad. See different movies, there are lots of better movies out there.

> And just a heads up, yes being the biggest grossing movie of all time, Literally makes it special.

Not really. If you adjust for inflation, it's not the highest grossing movie. If you don't adjust for inflation, it will be surpassed in the next few years.

> plus All of the other technological advances created to make the films. That also make it special.

Yes, it was technically impressive, that's literally the only positive. That's almost exactly the critic consensus from rotten tomatoes.

> It might be more impressive on a technical level than as a piece of storytelling...

Technically impressive, but as a film it's rather pedestrian.

> Hey my guy it’s just a movie it can’t hurt you, it’s OK. You’ll be OK. I’m sorry people enjoying things upsets you.

Good to know. Like whatever you want. I was simply pointing out that saying that it was the "biggest movie" of all time, is really an overstatement.

YeaItsBig4L t1_j1cmjhy wrote

Now ask yourself, what makes anything you think you have to say, important enough for me to read any of that? Hey, I liked avatar I don’t care if you didn’t enough people did to make it the biggest movie ever. You can’t change that. I love every second of this new one. If you are reading this and you are upset that someone else likes a movie that you don’t. you are a sad human. Nothing you can say you can change that, you have a good evening.

−1

bostonbananarama t1_j1cna0r wrote

> Now ask yourself, what makes anything you think you have to say, important enough for me to read any of that?

Because you did. Not only that, but you responded. The worst of all, you know I'm right.

Have a good night!

YeaItsBig4L t1_j1dj6hb wrote

Yeah, I responded with a generic message that wasn’t specific to anything you said I’m sure. You really are full of yourself huh dude, or given the level of cuntyness. You’re either a really zesty man or you’re probably a woman. either way I hope that translates well IRL.

GaleTheThird t1_j1djsom wrote

> For as much money as it made, it has had zero cultural significance. It was an entirely forgettable movie.

But it looked amazing and was a great movie to see in the theaters, and people are likely expecting the same here. I'd say it absolutely meets that bar