Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MeEvilBob t1_j0n1lsw wrote

Reply to comment by Fair-Physics3577 in never forget by TheDestroyer72

In Boston, 495 is the western edge of society, there's nothing between there and Chicago. West of 128 is kind of a no-man's land, there's stuff out there but it's dark and scary out that way so it's best to stay closer to the village where the dark creatures of the western woods will be too afraid of all the bright lights of the city.

ScarletOK t1_j0n5xlo wrote

Sort of works the other way around,also... I was in Spokane, Washington for a meeting a few years ago and at one point my local friend drove onto I-90E and i said, "oh, let's just stay on this--it goes to Massachusetts" (never mind everything in-between!)

Reaper0700 t1_j0odzwi wrote

"Western Mass? Like uh... Grafton, or westa'wusta'?"

MeEvilBob t1_j0ojcjy wrote

I've heard tales from the elders of uncontacted tribes living as far west as Pittsfield, but I assume that's just a myth, nobody could survive that far from the hub.

bubalusarnee t1_j0r387x wrote

I hear there's talk of running a rail road to Pittsfield.

Freedom3264 t1_j0n5ieo wrote

Should just have “Dragons be here” on the map.

MayaIngenue t1_j0qpn2c wrote

I was at a party in Westford once and a girl from Cambridge flat out asked me "Why should I ever go west of 495?" and I replied "well, you could go see where your drinking water comes from, plus you know, the rest of the country."

420trashcan t1_j0qx6g4 wrote

I speak for all of us in Bestern Mass when I say that is 100% true. You'd hate it out here.