Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tombstone_Shadow t1_j602xe2 wrote

An amazing run for a company selling a non-essential commodity. Hopefully they can weather the shifting winds, but I think downsizing was inevitable competing with battery powered candles and plug-in scents.

PHD_Memer t1_j60dec9 wrote

Someone mentioned a lot of employees from corporate going remote, so im wonder if it’s full blown downsizing, or restructuring to drastically reduce costs by removing rent for an office building

stinkopinko22 t1_j60o5d1 wrote

I buy candles and their stores are weird now. It’s like they changed what they are all about for the worse. I love buying Christmas tree candles during the holidays and we ended up doing bath and body works instead. Comparable quality and cheaper too. Selection was way better.

Waluigi3030 t1_j60yafr wrote

Pretty much every brand of candle is as good as Yankee candle for way less money.

I buy candles from Walmart now, and they smell as good as the rest.

Selfuntitled t1_j62ihs7 wrote

From the article - they are cutting 13% of their workforce.

Rocktopod t1_j60ow9g wrote

Does reducing office space not count as downsizing, too?

PHD_Memer t1_j60p418 wrote

I mean physically, i guess it really depends on perspective here because of there isnt a significant layoff of corporate employees i wouldnt necessarily consider it?

paganlobster t1_j60exyd wrote

Turns out a great business niche is lame last-second christmas gifts

Oblivious-abe-69 t1_j60tsg8 wrote

Looks like remote, if they own the property they can sell. From what I understand businesses generally lease office spaces for 10 years at a time so maybe they’re just not renewing

Acmnin t1_j6139r8 wrote

Who wants battery powered candles 😂