Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chevyadsict83 t1_j5i4zi7 wrote

Social media (including Reddit) is a privilege, not a right

I am a guest here. We all are. We do not own the website. It's a lot like being a guest at someone's home. You follow the rules and if you cannot, you leave (or are removed).

> [ Removed by Reddit ] > This post was removed by Reddit. > Reddit administrators occasionally remove posts that violate Reddit's User Agreement and Content Policy .

When I see this (example, above) in any of my Subreddit that I volunteer to help manage, I see this was a "red flag" and it tells me you were doing something you shouldn't have. And as a guest, you should have been following the rules. But also as a guest, I too should uphold the rules presented.

So while the admin may not have chosen to ban you, I will. Because my Subreddit is a small room, that the owner of the house has let me use. I don't want that space associated with bad people with bad manners, who are not respecting the rules of the house.

So while I may not know exactly what you posted or did, I do not need to know. All I need to know is someone higher up was displeased with how things were going, and that's good enough for me.

I digress. We are all guests here. It's a privilege, not a right, to be here.

This post got me the most. I got a comment block because I suggested a greasy breakfast as a hangover cure. Admin removed and banned. I pmed, and found from him that he had never heard of it, and thought I was trolling, even though I wasn't. You seem too quick to shoot from the hip, and more of a liability than an asset. I can quote other stuff if you would like. But this made me nervous.