There's literally a Safelite ad here saying "We don't ask any questions"

jeffgolenski OP t1_j5cmvye wrote

Haha. It was a business truck, too.

cmh413 t1_j5czi94 wrote

Maybe the window broke from an unrelated event and he’s leveraging it

jeffgolenski OP t1_j5czllk wrote

Yeah that’s totally what I was thinking. Still too funny not to share

cmh413 t1_j5czssy wrote

Did you take this today? Im in Burlington VT rn but I imagine it’s still fucking cold to be driving around like that

jeffgolenski OP t1_j5d9wqg wrote

I did. Just outside of Marlborough. A little snow on the ground

UsernameTaken93456 t1_j5gq629 wrote

No it wasn't. An actual worker doesn't use this kind of truck because the bed is too small.

This is a suburban road warrior who uses the big truck to feel better about himself.

−3

jeffgolenski OP t1_j5h4vxk wrote

If you look again, I blacked out the QR code and website on the side. It belongs to a local business. I went to the site—his photo was right on the about page.

wiserTyou t1_j6d08yu wrote

I was just as safelite yesterday, they didn't ask any questions.

jeffgolenski OP t1_j5ch51m wrote

Did anyone else see this dude driving down 495 today? He was dancing while driving and just having a crazy jolly time. Haha

Sue_two t1_j5cx911 wrote

Do you reckon he had it through the tiny back window that trucks have these days and the bouncing weight of the boards shattered the whole thing?

EpicSteak t1_j5ebgrr wrote

Bingo, if you look on the right hand side of the hole you can see it’s very straight except for the top.

Past-Adhesiveness150 t1_j5co2ns wrote

Saw a woman do this with pipes years ago. It went through the back window & the windshield. I stopped to take a pic & she yelled at me. I told her to look on the bright side... no1 got hurt & it'll be a funny story in a few years. Ooohh she was pissed.

Betrayedsoup t1_j5clb52 wrote

Something tells me there’s NH plates on that truck…

Ok_Fox_1770 t1_j5fjb2w wrote

The ol slide up too far move, well it’s f’ed now might as well use the space. I lost my back window to an idiot similar fashion. Still a sexy piece of plexiglass

Ian_everywhere t1_j5fhb7t wrote

I've always been surprised that more truck rear windows don't roll down. There's a few models that do, but they're not common

dcolecpa t1_j5cs478 wrote

been there, done that

terraceten t1_j5f2e5l wrote

Well, on the positive side, you only have to do it once. Once.

somegridplayer t1_j5lc9h4 wrote

"Get a rack stupid" -his insurance agent

TherealDaily t1_j5ezz0q wrote

I feel like roof racks are a better option vs using glass as a stationing device 😐