Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

13kathleen t1_jadnde3 wrote

Unless you have a plan to fix all medical mistakes using guns than that's a completely unrelated fact. Car deaths would be more relevant but even still cars weren't invented to kill people nor was medical practice just because they can kill when used incorrectly does not make them comparable to weapons which were design for the singular purpose of killing.

Before you get your panties in a bunch I am a gun owner, because clearly that matter to you, this is just a shit argument.

endorfan13 t1_jadrpos wrote

I think their point was that we do not hear about, or have all the discourse over, medical malpractice which has a much higher statistic as a cause of death (recent sources I just searched put an estimated 250k on medical malpractice and 43k on all gun related deaths [homicides, suicides, accidents, etc.]).

I don't feel it's a diversion tactic to shift attention as much as it is a question of why 2A and gun control receive ALL the attention.

Landlocked_WaterSimp t1_jadu59g wrote

To be fair one would need to distinguish better between medical malpractice which CAUSED death and malpractice which failed to prevent death. You don't typically get treatment if you're healthy.

Also - it's not an completely unreasinable interpretation but based on OPs other comments it doesn't seem like medical practice was their focus but that it was indeed about advocating for guns.