Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Logical-Name-7607 OP t1_ja9hb8b wrote

I have no doubt that’s the explanation. But why not just sell it super concentrated and let me add 4 cups of water (or whatever) as opposed to one?

endlesstacos22 t1_ja9iosq wrote

because you're willing to pay more to them this way

same reason you don't just make your own concentrate from coffee grounds

Logical-Name-7607 OP t1_ja9j9r1 wrote

Knowing that I really like it I would pay twice as much for double the concentration. But i never would have paid that much in the first place to try it and find that out.

twohedwlf t1_ja9iqze wrote

Generally more reliable end results for the average user a more dilute mixture than more concentrated given variations in measuring. Like diluting 250ml with 250ml of water, a bit off either way doesn't matter much. 100 ml in 400ml, a little off with the concentrate can make a big difference.

Also, I bet people would tend significantly to buy the 250ml of concentrate thinking it's a better deal than 100ml even if it mixes up to the same final result.

Logical-Name-7607 OP t1_ja9jou5 wrote

That’s a very valid point. Companies have to make things easy on people or else they face backlash because of the consumers error.

jamiexx89 t1_ja9j7p2 wrote

Probably something with getting people to buy more bottles...

Or it could be that the testing on the more concentrated version had people think it was too strong, or didn't keep as well, as some people might only be using this to make a single cup at a time.

frenix5 t1_ja9jpf0 wrote

Well, they do, have you seen those little powder bags that you add to water? It's probably not as marketable as something that's ready to go.

Logical-Name-7607 OP t1_ja9kck4 wrote

I forgot all about those for cold brew. I really appreciate the reminder.