Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

shyy1990 t1_j6lo7ba wrote

*Furiously drinks water*

npdewey83 t1_j6l4uf2 wrote

Passed a 7 mm then a 10mm just a few months ago, worst pain of my life

cjam515 OP t1_j6l77b9 wrote

I had to have surgery for a 7mm one because it got stuck, definitely terrible. This was #11 for me

yakkerman t1_j6mvce6 wrote

I've never had to have surgery yet, but the last kidney stones I had were so bad they triggered shingles. I'm mid 30's.... shingles..... ugh

lickarock88 t1_j6l7949 wrote

Quit dragging your kidneys through the gravel.

Moody_GenX t1_j6lehez wrote

How are you getting this? Like are you pissing into a screen or reaching into the piss water to grab it?

iamnumber47 t1_j6lua2r wrote

Not op, but the doctor usually gives you a cone with screens in it (it looks similar to a disposable paint strainer if you've ever seen one of those) to pee in to catch the stone/s.

Moody_GenX t1_j6lvr1x wrote

You solved a mystery for me. I get them pretty bad sometimes but never have I seen a big rock come out.

YellowPikachu420 t1_j6mzbyc wrote

I had a 3mm a month ago and that shit put me down, came out easy but I felt like I was gonna die when it was moving inside of me

babe_ruthless3 t1_j6l91g8 wrote

Twice. Drink water bro.

cjam515 OP t1_j6mgq5d wrote

All I drink daily is one-two cups of coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. My body just doesn’t break down minerals well. I’ve already worked with a urologist and nutritionist.

00Wow00 t1_j6lk9yx wrote

I leaned that the acid in lemonade is great for dissolving those damn things. It takes a lot of lemonade and a couple of days if they are big, but it is well worth it.

cjam515 OP t1_j6mgzo1 wrote

Since I had surgery a few years ago they’ve been very mild. Luckily I’ve only had the two above but they come out basically without any pain.

Fishing_freak1010 t1_j6nelw8 wrote

There’s an herbal product called ‘stone breaker’ that has worked wonders for me over the years. Had one that sent me to the Hospital once, since then any time I feel a pain in the belt line I start taking these with lemon water. They come out in smaller grains and the pain is more manageable

00Wow00 t1_j6ngo47 wrote

That is good to know. Some people cannot handle drinking large amounts of lemonade. My first bout sent me to the emergency room. I was sent home with some pain killers and told to wait it out. My brother has a friend who went through passing stones and that was how I found about lemonade. I have had a few twinges since then and immediately taking action. Thanks again for the info about Stone Breaker.

Azulanze t1_j6m6haq wrote

Might be time to adjust your diet if this is a yearly problem for you.

cjam515 OP t1_j6mgvii wrote

Already have worked with a nutritionist and urologist. My body just doesn’t process minerals well even with appropriate water consumption (which I almost exclusively drink)

Latter_Ad4896 t1_j6nc6lc wrote

wait, these come out of your...?👀

DryEyes4096 t1_j6miuxb wrote

Ouch, I hope you enjoy the relief from the pain...

I've had two. The first one had me very confused, had me thinking like I'd been shot in the back in my sleep or something. The pain is that bad, people don't realize what it's like...

pawnee2019 t1_j6o2dnq wrote

I measured on my iPad…the two stones are nearly 3 inches apart