Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Responsible-Lunch815 t1_ja6r93c wrote

I don't get it. You spend how much to go see a movie? I've seen people have full on phone conversations. Like what do you think this is? You took a shower, got dressed, drove to the theater and paid for this?

A88_I99 t1_ja6ril5 wrote

What I don't understand is the lack of self-awareness. Who do these people think they are?

f1del1us t1_jaak0hx wrote

The most important person in that room, and as such, the only person that matters

ScaryDavey t1_ja6y6n6 wrote

I’m beginning to wonder if those people have movie memberships like AMC’s A-List or Regal Unlimited. You pay a yearly or monthly fee and can see multiple movies for free. It would give them an excuse to just “hang out” at the movie theatre without being actively involved in the movie itself. I think people would abuse it like that.

jamesneysmith t1_ja9i4j2 wrote

I think for some people distracted entertainment is entertainment. The type of people that are generally scrolling their phone the entire time they're watching television. So I imagine these people would say they had a good time at the theatre even though they spent a sizeable chunk of that time talking to their friends or playing on their phone