Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sidsod t1_j2biclz wrote

got free tickets when it came out and went in knowing nothing about the plot with low expectations. absolutely loved it and then watched paddington 1 and 2 in the following days

dont_worry_im_here t1_j2bn503 wrote

Why are people mentioning Paddington? Is it a plot point or something?

DripDropWetWet t1_j2bp1oi wrote

Yes, Cage is into deep cut classics and when he meets Pascal they end up bonding over it and it gets mentioned throughout.

dont_worry_im_here t1_j2bp4h7 wrote

Hah! OK that's pretty funny. I've been meaning to check this out.

countgalcula t1_j2chg29 wrote

Ironically they're both in that category where people feel like they should watch them but they just don't. When they do they never regret it.

trippingWetwNoTowel t1_j2cjd8q wrote

ok is Paddington 2 seriously good?
I started it after but couldn’t get into it. I was not sober so it might have just not fit my vibe at the time

lost_scotsman t1_j2dbpd1 wrote

Paddington 2 is Excellent! But maybe it's a Brit thing

FuckinNogs t1_j2fbt97 wrote

Yankee doodle here. No it's objectively great.

The_Bat_Voice t1_j2dlqrx wrote

It somehow is the number one movie of all time on rotten tomatoes with a 100% fresh rating, or at least it was for the first couple of years when it came out.

Rare-North t1_j2dtd51 wrote

It's a great family movie. Legitimately good vs. commercialized stuff like Minions. Second one has Wes Anderson vibes from what I recall.

249ba36000029bbe9749 t1_j2c9f7w wrote

I had a general idea of what the movie was about and was somewhat wary given how...amenable...he has been to taking a wide variety of scripts. But damn that was so spot on meta and hilarious.

noronto t1_j2do76m wrote

I will never forgive this movie for making me watch Paddington 2. Why did they not mention Paddington 1? How do they expect somebody who willingly watches a Nic Cage movie to understand the plot twists and science stuffs of the Paddington series? Do you even know how high I was, Nic Cage? That shit is real confusing.