Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Keeble64 t1_j280fya wrote

My wife never saw Back to the Future until I showed it to her a few years ago. I'd seen it over a hundred times and she never had interest in it because she thought it was some corny scifi movie that had a later-in-life cult following. I finally convinced her to watch it and watching her flip out in anxiety during the clock tower scene was one of the greatest moments of us watching a movie together.

newsreadhjw t1_j27zkqm wrote

One time in college my roommate and I killed an entire case of 16-Oz longneck bottles of Schaefer beer while watching “Urban Cowboy”. That is basically the best beverage-movie pairing imaginable. We agreed that was a top notch movie watching experience.

somekglguy t1_j280l26 wrote

Watching Thor:Love and Thunder with my friends, was laughing at how they cringed at every joke end up having a great experience to a meh movie

Popular_Zombie_2977 t1_j2827pu wrote

Seeing Wrath of the Titans before my brother went off to boot camp. He requested any piece of summertime popcorn nonsense, the louder the better. Enjoying sheer shlock with him one last time will always be a cherished memory and a reminder of the simplicity and power of going to the movies.

Laarsgaard t1_j282jry wrote

My older brother and I watched Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, that terrible fantasy movie where Kit Harrington gets immolated around the 20 minute mark. It was my first time ever intentionally watching a bad movie to make fun of it. We laughed so hard at how dumb Jeff Bridges voice was. It was so funny to me how quickly they dump Kit Harrington.

Sumraeglar t1_j2874xm wrote

The LOTR, each movie came out in December. It became a regular event for me and my brothers to go see them. It was the one time we all wanted to see the same movie we all just shut up, got along and had a really good time. That's why they will always be Christmas movies to me and to my brothers.

blackadder1620 t1_j287f8g wrote

watching tropic thunder with my friends with we have no idea what it was about. i never even saw a preview; thought it was a war movie.

that or taking a shot every time theres a gay moment in the LOTR, carry the load...the way they giggle and look at each. so drunk, so quickly.

No-Accident4023 t1_j2812kh wrote

First movie I ever watched was with my dad, it was Conan the barbarian. I was like 7 and now hooked on arnie movies, over the years we shared arnie movies and comic books. We went to theatres regularly, and bought and shared comic books and read my dads collection of Conan comics. When my first son was born I named him Conan and gave my dad a sealed and graded Conan issue 1 1970’s comic. Also one great memory was with my best friend back in high school, we watching big trouble in little Tokyo drinking a case of crownies. We were pretty drunk and I was convinced you could actually chop a beer bottle in half and my freind wasn’t. We finished that case of beer chopping beer bottles on the back deck, drinking and chopping beer bottles. Turns out you can’t chop a beer bottle in half.