Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

kirill_da_thrill OP t1_j6ooqhb wrote

It's not because it still is a very real issue (my dad for example was worried when I was seeing an asian girl because he said our kids wouldn't have blue eyes or whatever) that it's something REAL people in REAL life care about. People in their 20s and 30s for sure don't care about this, because this issue is not relevant like it was before (literally was socially accepted before to be against)

On top of that, "iN thIs SocIal CliMate" is fucking cringe because if anything it's better now than it ever was and Black Lives Matter protests shouldn't make it worse

−14

filthysize t1_j6opd7f wrote

You seem incredibly, incredibly sheltered.

kirill_da_thrill OP t1_j6ot88k wrote

Well I'm sorry but my older brother has been in a interracial relationship for a while now, my sister has been in a couple and so did I. My friend is currently in one.

Are there some prejudice against these? Of course, you would have to be blind to say that racism doesn't exist anymore.

But it's definitely less an issue than before. My dad I think (from comments he's made) is internally against it, even though he himself had relations with different ethnicities.

Also, my comment was about how the current social climate is better than ever for interacial relationship and how it's fucking cringy that the first thing you say to someone dating a black girl is "iN thIs sOciAl CliMatE?? HoPe No OnE geTs kIlleD LoL"

−2

graymulligan t1_j6opkwm wrote

>People in their 20s and 30s for sure don't care about this

Tell me you haven't traveled much without coming out and saying it. Super naïve take.

kirill_da_thrill OP t1_j6osgqw wrote

Well I'm speaking generally in the setting of the movie people don't care. Would you say the most popular opinion in Los Angeles is that interracial marriage is bad, or that being against interracial marriage is bad??

−4

Criticalculated t1_j6oqq6l wrote

You have got be under 25 years old.

kirill_da_thrill OP t1_j6oz0sf wrote

what a weird age cutoff for having a legitimate opinion

Criticalculated t1_j6p1zxx wrote

Its more a cutoff of when you realize your info about the world is incomplete and by that age, you walk away from making blanket assessments about human behavior. It takes a while to get a full exposure to humanity and sub 25 peeps usually get excluded from experiencing whole segments of existence.

I see your legitimate opinion was removed by the mods. Maybe because it's not legit and just dog shit.