Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MornduNH t1_j7dxbtx wrote

Always remember the Realtor is working for the seller. And the commission.

roundeye2020 t1_j7e51e2 wrote

Not if you have a buyers agency agreement with you agent. Commision, yes. Do you go to work for free?

MiggySmalls6767 t1_j7e7a6o wrote

The point is they make money off a sale.. not off telling you the market is likely going to change in the next year with higher interest rates and people no longer smoking the crack they have been for the last few years thinking their shit box is worth $300k when it’s a $175k home

MornduNH t1_j7f4zxw wrote

Buyers agent agreements are rare - and in any case it is in the agent’s best interest for you to buy at the highest possible price. OP being mad at the agent is misguided.

roundeye2020 t1_j7fz738 wrote

I think that depends on agency and the Broker you work with. Some want you to have it, some don't. Many agents fear it will scare the customer away. Plenty of the full-time professionals I have spoken with use them for Clients. With a designated agency, one of the first forms given to the client should be a Brokerage Relationship Disclosure Form that also lays out the different relationships and responsibilities between you and your agency/agent. You as the purchaser/buyer decide that relationship. I do agree OP is misguided here but understand buyer's remorse. It sucks. Zillow is not the end all be all. Prices are up right now year over year in many zip codes for NH. The market is also unpredictable. Just like any other industry, you have good agent and bad agents/ agencies. I would just enjoy the house and focus on life, not Zillow.

Regular-Nothing-8821 t1_j7l5war wrote

The relationship disclosure is given to CUSTOMERS and CLIENTS at or before the first business meeting REGARDLESS of if an agency is designated or dual agency. You are NOT A CLIENT until you sign a buyer agency agreement or a listing agreement. Unless you signed one, your 'buyer agent' doesn't represent you, owe you confidentiality or represent your best interest.

Read it again, here.

Unable-Bison-272 t1_j7e3uy2 wrote

I prefer the term real estate agent as “realtor” is a copywrited term that makes it sound like they are an actual profession with ethical guidelines they have to follow.