Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SnooPeripherals5969 t1_jdql5r0 wrote

So If you bought a bag of chips from a gas station and the chips were tainted… you would expect the gas station to shut down as well as the manufacturer of the chips? That makes no sense. They had no way to know.

NHiker469 t1_jdqnkyd wrote

You had one job. Serve your customers ice cream. Instead you have them THC. Big time fail. Better luck next time.

−10

Matryoshkova t1_jdqubwx wrote

So you expect an ice cream shop to have a drug testing lab and regularly test their product for drugs? That makes no sense.

NHiker469 t1_jdquulu wrote

Def not. But it’s clear there are no standards here.

Shut down. Try again later.

No one is going to go here anymore, so my opinion is moot.

TwinTtoo t1_jdqvoc6 wrote

Should all good and products in all stores be checked for THC despite the integrity of the packaged or label says? Why stop testing only at ice cream

NHiker469 t1_jdqw1xz wrote

Well, you don’t need to check my new pair of Nike for cannabis.

But I’d like to know that when I take my kid for ice cream ITS NOT LACED WITH FUCKING THC.

What a dumb thing to say.

−3

Matryoshkova t1_jdqyf1w wrote

Then I guess you can’t take your kids to any restaurants anymore because you can’t reasonably expect any restaurant to be testing their food for drug contamination. In fact, you’re going to have to fully grow your own crops and raise your own animals because it’s all the same government agency making sure your groceries and restaurant food aren’t being laced with drugs.

NHiker469 t1_jdqygya wrote

You’re still talking?

−2

Matryoshkova t1_jdqymzo wrote

You’re still answering? Look I can be a bitch, too ☺️

NHiker469 t1_jdqytej wrote

I’m just flipping over here between my emails. It’s easy to laugh at you defending this with walls of text no one will read and then going back to composing my emails to my representatives.

−4

Matryoshkova t1_jdqw4xx wrote

The health department will deal with the restaurant, they will have an investigation and will determine if the owner of the restaurant has any expectation to have known about the distributor lacing their product. Single restaurants can’t go and inspect their distributor’s facilities, there is separate FDA oversight, so there generally is no reasonable expectation of a restaurant having oversight of the way a distributor is making their products. Restaurant owners choose distributors based on publicly available health and safety department information and sometimes because they have a good relationship with a rep from the company. it is a failing of governmental oversight that this distributor was able to mix a batch of personal-use laced ice cream in with ice cream set to be sent out, not on the restaurant owner who is using information from the government to make a determination if a distributor is trustworthy.

NHiker469 t1_jdqwb01 wrote

Another copy pasta I didn’t read past the first line.

Keep an eye out. They will be closed. You can’t serve illegal drugs to your customers. Sorry.

Once the authorities confirm there were fail safes in place, it’s game over.

Matryoshkova t1_jdsqf9y wrote

You are the internet equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling “lalalalala” when someone proves you wrong

NHiker469 t1_jdsslzw wrote

Negative. I just know when I’m right. The Reddit hive mind is a spectacular phenomenon.

I’d love to share screen shots of the group chats I’m in with all these parents.

razor_sharp_pivots t1_jdr4sxz wrote

What should they have done differently? How would you have caught this?

NHiker469 t1_jdr5ikq wrote

It’s called due diligence. Know who you’re getting your product from. Know what their processes are. Ensure there are checks and double check.

You know, so you don’t serve your clients ice cream laced with drugs.

The “pass the buck” mentality is atrocious on this one.

razor_sharp_pivots t1_jdr5q23 wrote

Give a specific safeguard you would have used to prevent this. Otherwise quit trolling. You don't have any suggestions as to how this could have been avoided. You're just here to rage on the internet about nothing.