Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Scubakim13 t1_is3j5n1 wrote

Got so sick of them and bought youtube premium. Best decision ever.

NathanVfromPlus t1_is418xo wrote

As a "content creator" (musician, not youtuber), thank you for paying for your media services. It's still the best way to support the people who work to create the media you consume.

adepssimius t1_is5f2ma wrote

I was watching Louis Rossman, and he made a pretty good point that you are better off just donating a single dollar directly to content creators you enjoy rather than subscribing to YT premium because the cut that content creators make is so small even for premium views that a dollar is far beyond whatever they would get paid for your views, like all of your views forever.

_drjayphd_ t1_is5wk5o wrote

And isn't that pittance from YT Premium still more than they'd make off the ad revenue?

adepssimius t1_is6m5ar wrote

Yes it is. I'd rather pay the people who are creating the content directly, but I still like to support any content creators that I watch, so I pay for pro.

NathanVfromPlus t1_is710ag wrote

Well, yes, that's a valid point. The best way to support content creators is, and always will be, as directly as possible. I just meant that, in terms of support through service providers, it's better for the creators if you pay.