Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Theseus-Paradox t1_ivo72x6 wrote

The republican party has gone batshit insane, and the members in the party that “aren’t” absolutely insane refuse to even acknowledge or condemn the batshit insanity of their fellow republicans citing (it’s better than the dems/libtards!!1!1!). That right there is why people either left the party or why other people refuse to vote for them even if the democrats are lousy at the job they are doing.

pahnzoh t1_ivodphi wrote

The Democrats are completely insane too and were drunk with power the last 3 years, yet the same logic doesn't apply to them?

Everyone just fights back and forth about the lesser of two evils every 2/4 years and the system always steams on in the long run, further expanding government power and restricting our rights one party at a time.

No one ever talks about the structural problems. I don't think our species will reach a level of self awareness during my lifetime to buck this slave mentality.

−15

Dramatic_Mechanic815 t1_ivop35k wrote

Drunk with power? They haven’t been able to push through some key legislation and had to compromise on the ones they did (as should be the case for whoever is the majority).

pahnzoh t1_ivp3j61 wrote

Apparently you're not aware of the democrat state governors in places like NYvor CA, that locked their states down with assumed executive power for no justifiable reason during the covid scare of the last two years

But I wouldn't be shocked if you support that, in the current world.

−1

Dramatic_Mechanic815 t1_ivp3px8 wrote

I think “no justifiable reason” is pretty debatable early in the pandemic before we had enough masks, ventilators, medicine, staff, so on.