Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

seanwalter123 t1_ivo834c wrote

I’m die hard red, but I think trump had a major play in these elections and not in a good way. Everyone is over the guy, including this guy. He’s a bombastic egotistical half there nut who is incapable of reading the room anywhere. He endorsed candidates in states he had no business doing so. The guy can barely speak better than Biden. This party needs to move on from him, he has a insane following by 60% of the party all for “owning the libs” but his track record is half the reason we have sky high inflation right now. There’s much better republicans candidates that didn’t win their primaries, that would’ve had a much better shot at winning the mid terms.

RickyDaytonaJr t1_ivo8mig wrote

You’ve apparently had quite a change in perspective since yesterday when you said in another sub that, “This is going to be the biggest landslide for republicans than Nixon, mark my words.”

seanwalter123 t1_ivo9c2u wrote

Also one doesn’t even have to do with the other. I was wrong in my assumption but I thought this about trump years ago…

seanwalter123 t1_ivo90nz wrote

I thought that, mostly because people are broke. But apparently hating trump supersedes that.

−4

Dramatic_Mechanic815 t1_ivooeft wrote

I’d hope most rational voters would realize that inflation isn’t a singular U.S. issue and a global phenomenon due to a lot of very different and complex reasons that many would struggle to understand without a degree or formal education in macroeconomics.

If it was “Biden’s fault” (ignoring the fact the most stimulus and deficit — i.e., government spending — was during Trump’s admin in 2020), then that wouldn’t explain why inflation is global and even worse in many other countries like the UK.

lMickNastyl t1_ivp0tho wrote

It's because Dark Brandon blew up Nordstream 1. Assassinated queen Elizabeth and caused the UK conservatives to go through a double leadership crisis. Caused a massive refugee crisis in Ethiopia and tricked Putin into invading Ukraine.

We never stood a chance.

lMickNastyl t1_ivozhwg wrote

That is why when bolduc won his primary and trump congratulated/endorsed him I immediately posted the news to this sub. It was at that moment it became obvious that bolduc was going to lose the support of NHs more rational voters.

pahnzoh t1_ivodapn wrote

Trump is a fucking egomaniac and always has been. It's sad that he was the choice against Biden. Two old dudes one an egomaniac and the other senile, if that's not an indictment of the stupidity that is the voting system then I don't know what is.

Dramatic_Mechanic815 t1_ivoo3qi wrote

Lol this is the 1% of what you say that I agree with. I’d appreciate more politicians below the age of 70, please, so they have a reasonable chance of living with the repercussions of their policies and actions.

Full-Magazine9739 t1_ivppd2o wrote

As a Democrat, I strongly agree. It’s honestly backfiring and strengthened the Dems who should have lost both houses in this election (as generally happens in midterms- with a bad economy to boot).