Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

itsyounotmeithink t1_iyd2tpn wrote

What is the speed or version of the internet package you have. Im looking into alternatives to what i have now, and my contract is up next month.

spyboy70 t1_iyd3uwg wrote

Not sure the actual numbers but speedtest.net says I get 1400/45. I pay $90/mo.

Once I found out I was getting over 1000 down, I bought a new cable modem with a 2.5gigabit port on it to see how much higher it was.

Fidium just came through over the summer, so I may switch eventually, I think they're $70 for 1000/1000 as a promo then it goes to $90/mo.

Honestly all I want is faster uploads, I'd stay w/Comcast to avoid all the hassle of switching if they'd just increase my upload speed (which supposedly is happening around the area, like in Sanford, ME according to the tech that I spoke to last year)

itsyounotmeithink t1_iyd4yek wrote

Thanks for the info im trying to figure out whats my best move to make. Im thinking of getting my own equipment like modem and my own boxes for each room.

spyboy70 t1_iyd5ugh wrote

Always get your own router and modem, they rip you off on the pricing.

Boxes for each room? A couple of Roku or Android TV boxes work great if you just want streaming stuff.

itsyounotmeithink t1_iyd8evb wrote

I was talking to a girl at comcast when i called about my contract, she said she bought her own equipment and has never had any problems and saves alot of money. I think i will buy a modem and one box for a room and see if i like it. I was thinking about the roku with voice remote. I was told theres an app for Xfinity you can use through roku.