Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Apostiarch t1_iwhdtix wrote

I've lived in NH my whole life, save for when I went to college. Here are my thoughts:

Housing market is tough right now, COVID caused all the city folk to flee to rural nh, and we haven't been doing a lot of construction because we didn't anticipate the population boom.

Education is good. Our public education is well funded, and there are a lot of good colleges in New England, so on average NH residents have a higher level of education then much of the country.

Tech and engineering is up and coming in NH, biomedical is booming in southern NH with spill-over from the number that are in Massachusettes. Fidelity has a big branch in NH, so there is financial jobs as well.

It gets cold. It snows. Be prepared for that. We get plenty of rain in spring and fall, so be prepared for wet with a good set of boots.

The further north in the state you get, the more rural. The people up there like to be left alone, and tend to enjoy self-sufficiency. Southern NH is basically norther massachusettes at this point, much greater population density with the associated difference in culture. Overall, we are politically independent, often times rejecting the national political parties as too extreme.