Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

onetwentyonegigawatt t1_iwjz1r0 wrote

WTF, has this even happened in our states history? Legitimate question.

−17

realnrh t1_iwk6kir wrote

Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_New_Hampshire for a quick rundown of party control over time, no, this looks like this is literally the closest the chamber has ever been to parity. If you mean 'close seats flipping in recounts,' then yes, with so many seats and so relatively few votes for each seat, I expect it has. There's also the notable case of Durkin v Wyman for the 1974 Senate seat, which ultimately was declared by the US Senate to be vacant and a new election held because the deadlocked Senate couldn't come to an agreement on the resolution otherwise (https://www.senate.gov/about/origins-foundations/electing-appointing-senators/contested-senate-elections/137Durkin_Wyman.htm).

Thotsnpears t1_iwl7mkb wrote

I don’t know why you are getting downvoted for asking a question.

onetwentyonegigawatt t1_iwlddb2 wrote

Not hard to figure that one out 😆

Thotsnpears t1_iwldoxg wrote

How dare you attempt to gain context for a current issue. Get angry/ celebrate ignorantly instead.

Hardmeat_McLargehuge t1_iwn9p7j wrote

I think it’s more their outrage that a recount was done that changed a result in a manner that is unfavorable to them.

buckythelucky t1_iwm39e4 wrote

Bots maybe?? Nah…Reddit would never do such a silly thing

_drjayphd_ t1_iwogxr5 wrote

Nah, if you want to get downvoted by bots, call out scam accounts plugging ripoff T-shirts. They have this karma manipulation down to a science.

gOrDoNhAsNtPlAyEdIn3 t1_iwn016m wrote

You probably do. Any questions, even ones like this, are immediately thought of as anti-<topic>.

It's politics on Reddit. Everyone is SO AFRAID of "losing" a discussion so there's zero good-faith engagement. If you're talking to someone "on the other side" they must be trying to undermine you.