Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Capt_Indecisive_ t1_iwm3e6t wrote

Except your fate buddy. If the business is located in Massachusetts and you are not a contracted individual therefore you are an employee within the state of Massachusetts regardless of where you work or live. Source, I live and work in New Hampshire but my company is located in Massachusetts. Your only recourse is to become a contracted employee making your home address your business location or go full remote and never bring the car back.

−12

bonez3113 t1_iwmaz0s wrote

This is not true. Don’t listen to this guy. Given OPs unique situation, he is fucked and needs to report that as Mass income. If you’re a nonresident working for a Mass based company, you can apportion wages based on the days actually in Mass.

RSN1968 t1_iwniedb wrote

You need to apportion your income, you’re literally giving money to the state that you shouldn’t. The below is cut directly from the MA.Gov site

Example (5)(a)(1.2). A telecommuter works for a Massachusetts firm, mainly out of her home in Ohio. The telecommuter works a total of 240 days during the tax year, and is in Massachusetts on 60 of those days. Her salary is $120,000 per year. Her Massachusetts source income is $30,000, calculated as follows:

$120,000 x _____ 60_______ = $30,000

lizyouwerebeer t1_iwnp1fg wrote

My boyfriend doesn't pay mass taxes on the days he works remote (we live in NH, company located in mass).