Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EvilDrCoconut t1_iz35kcb wrote

I mean, voting multiple times isn't even hard. Due to clerical mix ups, while doing my Master's in Boston I was sent two mail in ballots for voting in 2020, one from Massachusetts and one from NH. Had to call some office to report the issue and was told to "destroy and discard" one of the ballots.

ScuttleBuzz t1_izdj37f wrote

The only way you got an actual ballot in the mail from a NH city or town clerk was if you printed the application for an absentee ballot, filled it out, signed the affidavit and submitted the original paper form to the town clerk. Did you?

I suspect you what you recall as a ballot was just application for an absentee ballot sent out by a campaign or party. People who receive the unsolicited application who arent familiar with it mistake it for an absentee ballot. And they tell people they got a ballot. A few questions reveals it was not a ballot.

EvilDrCoconut t1_izhsoky wrote

Quite possibly it might have been an application. I was told to simply destroy it if I did not intend to use it. But otherwise, no one knew about this error until I reported it