Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_izh6lno wrote

NH doesn't have electricity. Might want to stay in VT

smartest_kobold t1_izftfis wrote

I stand atop Mt. Monadnock once a year and scream insults at God until he tries to strike me down with lightning.

m9832 t1_izfole6 wrote

we collect deer antlers, wire them up to the grid and rub them across the rug. painfully slow process but very green!

Bobtom42 t1_izfthrk wrote

Did your chipmunk wheel generator break?

4ak96 OP t1_izfonrm wrote

Ironically we do the same here in Vermont!

Imaskeet t1_izfxiot wrote

In Hillsborough, your utility is going to be Eversource Energy.

That is the only choice you have for who physically delivers the energy and will be who you pay your electric bill to.

You are however allowed to shop for different energy suppliers, which may allow for a lower rate overall or may not compared to just letting Eversource take care of supply.

Be extremely careful in doing so as the lower rates are oftentimes at the cost of higher risk (for example you may end up paying for electricity as a spot price depending on market conditions which can have crazy spikes, instead of a flat rate, etc). A number of suppliers are bona fide scams so be sure to read reviews.

donkeyduplex t1_izg0ku4 wrote

Direct energy is solid: cheap rates locked in for several years and you can cancel any time. Just re-up your contract before it expires to avoid potentially paying some crazy market prices.

AuthorSnow t1_izgjlbh wrote

I have solar and NH pays me credits

Selfless- t1_izgkwxz wrote

STATE Run Electric Rates Site

NH is deregulated. You can buy your power from many supply exchanges. The smaller they are the cheaper they tend to be because they can grab contracts for tiny amounts of supply that cost near nothing. Contracts EVERSOURCE would never touch because they have millions of customers not hundreds.

Still, over 85% of EVERSOURCE customers don’t bother shopping around and just pay them what they ask.

cutyolegsout t1_izfyo8a wrote

Welcome to eversource and Comcast Monopoly land. Enjoy your stay.

donkeyduplex t1_izg05qs wrote

If you have a long-enough extension cord... I'll gladly spot you until you can get you own hamster-wheel generators up and spinning.

I'll caution you (because everyone thinks cats are awesome): don't try to make those fancy cat-wheels work! I've found that cats are distractable and do not have the physiology for endurance work.

PM me to exchange details! Welcome to The 'Shire!

UnfairAd7220 t1_izgexm1 wrote

Buying or renting? If buying, expect to stay? Build solar into your purchase price. It'd be a few months out before it can get installed, but you won't get on the Eversource ass burn train.