Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stalence9 t1_j03v0m1 wrote

Talk to a lawyer. You have recourse. Our builder was sketchy with water as well (not in Brookline and now about 8-9 years ago). To my neighbors and I they were offering incomplete or erroneous water and well test results. They have an obligation to sell you a habitable dwelling that includes potable water. In me and my neighbors’ case it wasn’t lack of water but arsenic content they were trying to hide. Once the scope of the issue came to light many of us were able to get the builder to pay for filters and remediation. If I were in your position I would be pressuring your builder to pay for a deeper well. You may also have additional leverage during that warranty year since you just moved in a couple months ago.

LackSufficient7852 OP t1_j04hq32 wrote

That’s insane! I really can’t believe the lack of conscience of some people.

stalence9 t1_j04nscv wrote

Yeah these builders in particular were kind of crooks we learned in hindsight. Our house is largely built well so I don’t have complaints there but they had a history of stiffing their contractors and filing bankruptcy and rinse wash repeat under a new business name I guess.

donkeyduplex t1_j05ps2r wrote

That's extremely petty of the builder considering RO filtration isn't particularly expensive. Putting people's health at risk to save a buck like that should be enough to put people prison. Money and quite frankly- the law, insulates rich people from consequences far too well. The French revolution happened for a reason...

heeyyyyooo t1_j06aehz wrote

Unfortunately RO is extremely wasteful. For each gallon of clean water about 3 or 4 gallons is wasted.