Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

kurrpy t1_j250zi2 wrote

First off, as a hunter, thank you for keeping your land open to hunting and I'm sorry that my peers aren't respecting you and your property.

Second, it's your land so you should be able to take it down. I'd request that you leave a note for the hunter to contact you to get it back. Big game season is over, so you're not messing with anyone's hunt by taking it down. Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice.

Here's what the NH Hunter's Digest says:

Tree Stands/Blinds: Written landowner permission is required for any tree stand, ladder, or observation blind which damages or destroys a tree by inserting into the tree any metallic, ceramic, or other object. Written landowner permission is also required if any tree is cut in conjunction with the use of any stand or blind or to construct a pit blind. These permits can be found at huntnh.com/licensing/forms.html under "Miscellaneous Permits."

On State-owned and State-managed lands, permanent stands are illegal. Portable stands or blinds may only be erected between August 1 and January 31, and must be removed by January 31.

kurrpy t1_j2519qu wrote

If there's no name or address on it, there's no way to discern it from being dumped/abandoned so I don't see why you couldn't take it down.

wojtekthesoldierbear t1_j25uk2z wrote

You can't be harassing a hunter if the season is closed. TECHNICALLY, there is an argument to be made for leaving it up until April since that's when small game season ends and you can zap small game from a tree stand.

You're within your right to remove it. I wouldn't give it a second thought, the deadline has come and gone.

wojtekthesoldierbear t1_j26eezk wrote

Just read the dates. Didn't know there was a hard limit on tree stands. Guess that makes the saddle an even better investment.

kberson t1_j25jqva wrote

They may not realize it’s private property

−10