Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

smartest_kobold t1_j5uuljm wrote

Wait. They found a loose dog and arrested the owners?

I don't know if any of you have visited up state, but a whole bunch of people take a free range approach to domestic animals.

Edit: The article implies the dog was abandoned on the North Road bridge. The linked police tweet says the dog was abandoned on Hogan Road, i.e. not on a bridge. That is a little weird. You'd need a witness to know that. But if there's a witness, why would they need to search social media? At best, it's lazy record keeping.

−3

chain_me_up t1_j5v0fpw wrote

Which is horribly unsafe for the pet and local wildlife as well as people (potential bite risks).

smartest_kobold t1_j5v115l wrote

Oh, I don't like it. It's just so common I'd like to know why this case.

chain_me_up t1_j5v16zt wrote

From the article it sounds like they abandoned the dog in winter on the bridge which is most likely why they're getting a cruelty charge.

Stickyfynger t1_j5v3jyd wrote

The dog was left on the outside edge of a bridge-abandoned by those two lowlifes. It was so scared it couldn’t move bc if it did it was going to go over the edge. What they did to that beautiful good boi deserves the severest punishment possible.

Clinically-Inane t1_j5vl2ae wrote

that’s what it looks like from the pic— they put him OVER the guardrail and behind a pile of snow where he was trapped and too scared to move

That dog did not get there on his own; he wouldn’t have gone over/through the railing where there’s no snow and onto a small ledge only to walk out to where he was stuck and too scared to move

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_j5v3hdi wrote

Read the article. It sounds like they abandoned it on the side of a bridge over the rail to try and kill the dog.

10 bucks says they get some meth charges based on the mugshots