Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ZacPetkanas t1_j64ilac wrote

TIL that August 1st is "right before winter."

The utility companies in NH are allowed to adjust their rates twice a year but it must be approved by the NH Public Utilities Commission (PUC). Here's their release authorizing the $0.22556/KwH rate back in June. It was widely covered in the press and discussed here quite a bit.

CryptoRaffi t1_j66byg6 wrote

who cares about the freaking date??? and why are you defending it and would rather nitpick with the date here? you work for them or something?

−2

Obi-Vag_Kenobi t1_j66fnf4 wrote

Sounds like you got all the motivation to go do something to make the change you’re looking for! That’s the great thing about democracy. If you go ahead and lead a cause that you believe in, and get anough people motivated to back you, you can lead by example and make things happen!

CryptoRaffi t1_j66gitb wrote

I did. I am getting solar now. : D

Obi-Vag_Kenobi t1_j66gsbq wrote

That’s your solution? That was anti-climatic. You were the chosen one.

CryptoRaffi t1_j66gy9m wrote

the planet is bigger than all of us. I had to leave a few folks behind but I am mama earth's hero now.

lantrick t1_j66ys3m wrote

Ah , so thats who you'r shilling' for, now your reguritation of old news makes sense.

I've had two different companies come to my door in the past two weeks weeks. I've received emails and phone messages to.

ZacPetkanas t1_j6d8dqr wrote

> who cares about the freaking date???

Uh, you? "...right before winter..." is not August 1st. And since the rate was announced in June, your complete surprise at the cost says more about how little you've paid attention to things than it does about Eversource.

I mean go ahead and bitch about the rate, a lot of us on this subreddit did in June and July but don't treat it as a surprise six months later.

Litteach t1_j66btlh wrote

Thanks Eversource Exec, I mean random citizen!

−3

ZacPetkanas t1_j6d8oug wrote

> Thanks Eversource Exec, I mean random citizen!

"Eversource Exec?" LOL, I wish; I could use the bonus checks! :D I truly am just a random citizen who is capable of doing a modicum of research on the NH government web site.