Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DigTreasure t1_j6dw9r0 wrote

Police cant ticket you for any plate or registration criteria outside of the state the vehicle is registered in. You only have to follow traffic laws.

RoadAdventures t1_j6i367q wrote

> Police cant ticket you for any plate or registration criteria outside of the state the vehicle is registered in.

I would suggest nobody takes this spectacularly incorrect opinion seriously.

There are not such loopholes in traffic laws - driving an unregistered vehicle will get you in trouble once a police officer notices that, regardless of what state the plates are from.

DigTreasure t1_j6i4ngs wrote

"Police will get you in trouble"

What kind of police training is that?

You don't know what you're talking about with that statement alone.

−1

RoadAdventures t1_j6jibrw wrote

My original statement:

>>driving an unregistered vehicle will get you in trouble once a police officer notices that, regardless of what state the plates are from.

Your "Quote":

> "Police will get you in trouble"

'Nuff said.

didntdonothingwrong t1_j6mfu9t wrote

Not true at all. This only applies to inspection requirements. The registration statute itself requires all vehicles driving in the ways of this state be registered. You can absolutely be stopped and ticketed/ towed if you have an expired out of state registration.

nottoday603 t1_j6dxsqp wrote

This seems like a pretty big loophole. Register one year in a certain state, then at the end of the year move to NH and never have to register that car again as long as you don’t travel back to your original state?

−5

CDogNH t1_j6e0zva wrote

Unregistered is not the same as being registered in a different state with different requirements. Driving an unregistered vehicle would absolutely be a problem if you got pulled over.

gmcgath t1_j6ee70o wrote

If you live permanently in NH, you have to register in NH.

DigTreasure t1_j6dz0hb wrote

Correct.

CDogNH t1_j6e11hq wrote

That is definitely not correct.

DigTreasure t1_j6e18qy wrote

Enlighten us.

CDogNH t1_j6e2tmn wrote

Driving an unregistered vehicle is not legal.

DigTreasure t1_j6e32gz wrote

Nobody said it was. I was highlighting jurisdiction.

CDogNH t1_j6e4zle wrote

I thought you were telling the guy that said he could move to NH and never register it again that he was correct. My bad.